Palm Island is located near the southern tip of St. Vincent and the Grenadines, a chain of 32 islands and cays known for stunning natural beauty and clear warm waters
- Private 135 acre island
- Located directly on the beach
- Grenadine 2.5 Km including ferry from Union Island Airport
Palm Island Resort & Spa, The ultimate in castaway chic, award-winning adult-oriented resort and spa is one of the finest and most exclusive in the Caribbean offering unparalleled standards of accommodation, dining, activities and experiences. Accessible only by private launch, the truly stunning setting of this blissful location has infinite wow factor. An exclusive island oasis offering guests top end luxury. With five soft white sand beaches, the warm turquoise sea and a lush green interior the island has something for everyone.
Meal & beverage plans
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner daily
- Afternoon tea
- Domestic and international alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages Including Premium brands
- Weekly Manager's Cocktail Party
A la Carte Note: Reservations required for à la carte restaurants
- WiFi throughout the resort
- Concierge Service
- Non-Motorized Watersports plus Waterskiing and boat trips
- Weekly movies on the beach
- Guided nature walks
- Cookining Demonstrations
Due to the location, internet access is not always available
For Your Information
- There are no TVs or phones in the rooms.
- Villas include a private golf cart (drivers license is required)
- Room service is not available
Wedding & Honeymoons
Perks for groups
Adults-only Resort: Guests must be 16 years of age or older.
Resort Fee: There is a local resort fee of US$24 per room, per night, that is to be paid locally and will be charged either at check in or check out on property.
Departure Tax: There is a departure tax of US$40 (EC$100) per person. The Departure Tax is payable in CASH ONLY at the Union Island airport prior to departure.
Climate Resilience Levy -A Climate Resilience Levy of US $3.00 per bedroom/per night to be paid locally by all transient visitors per room occupied for no more than 30 days. This Levy will be charged on property at time of check out.
Important Flight Information
- Your package to Palm Island includes round trip flights from Barbados to Union Island back to Barbados.
- Interisland Flights are provided by Grenadine Airways, and are always on request (never confirmed) at time of booking, booking request may take up to 72hrs to confirm providing that all guests passport and information is provided.
- A Palm Island representative will meet and assist guests upon arrival into Barbados. Guests will NOT clear customs in Barbados but will proceed to the inter-island flight desk.
- All luggage will be collected and transferred to the Union Island flight by hotel representatives.
- Guests will clear customs upon arrival to Union Island and proceed to the boat jetty for the transfer to Palm Island (transfers included).
- Guests are greeted at Union Airport and escorted to Union Island Ferry dock for ferry transfers to Palm Island.
- Palm Island will advise all guest of their departure time from Palm Island on return journey, and will be transferred to the airport by Palm Island personnel.
- Please note date of birth, Passport information including passport numbers, country of issue, expiration date, nationality and phone contact phone number for guests are required for all Palm Island Reservations. Grenadine Airways will not confirm the interisland flights until this information is provided at time of booking.
Inter Island Flights with Grenadine Airways:
- Guests must arrive at Barbados Airport no later than 3:15pm to make the connecting flight to UNI which is at 4:30pm. Failure to arrive for check in at this time results in an overnight hotel supplement in Barbados and clients will be booked onto the next available flight. Charges for flights may apply for missed connections. Palm Island cannot be held accountable for any charges incurred by missed connections due to incoming international services.
- On Return: Flight departs UNI at 10:50 am and arrives BGI at 11:50 am.
It is important to please review your itinerary and ensure you have at least 60 minutes for Barbados flight connections.
Late Luggage/ Luggage Allowance
- Due to the limitations of inter-island flights, there is the possibility that a guest's luggage may not arrive at Palm Island at the same time the guest arrives. Therefore, guests should pack a carry-on bag with a change of clothes and necessary toiletries in the event their checked luggage does not arrive at Palm Island until the following day.
- Allowance of 1 standard piece of hand luggage per passenger not to exceed 13 lbs (5.8 kg). Free Checked baggage allowance will be one (1) bag per passenger not to exceed 50 lbs (22.67 kg).
- Extra checked bags can be added but will be at an additional fee, to be paid locally. The maximum number of checked bags allowed per passenger will be 3 bags.
- Please refer to the Grenadine Alliance baggage policy : https://www.grenadine-air.com/Travel-Information/baggagepolicy
Grenadine Air Alliance "Use It or Lose It Policy"
- US $599 per person (from Barbados) Bookings on Grenadine Air Alliance will be held to the "Use It or Lose It" Policy which is year-round. This policy will not allow for changes, and reservations that are cancelled or changed are NON-REFUNDABLE. Amount subject to change without notice.
Credit card required at check-in: All guests are required to provide a credit card and valid government issued identification upon checking in at the hotel. A US $350 pre-authorization will be processed to the guest’s credit card to cover any incidentals.
American Express credit cards will not be accepted to pay local charges and incidentals at the resort.
Food Allergies & Ingredients
The kitchens, bars, and food outlets at the resort use wholesome ingredients, which may include peanuts, tree nuts, seeds, nut-based oils, eggs, shellfish, shrimp and shrimp paste, seafood and seafood pastes, soy, milk, wheat and other items that may be potential allergens.
Due to the all-inclusive nature of the resort, it cannot be guaranteed that food items will not come in contact with potential allergens, even if a particular dish does not normally include these ingredients.
Special Diets / Dietary Restrictions
In an all-inclusive setting, the hotel is unable to accommodate meals due to dietary restrictions.