- Oceanfront resort
- 30 minutes from Kona International Airport
- On Kailua Bay in the heart of historic Kailua-Kona town
- Walking distance to historic Kona Town with its shopping, dining attractions
- Approximately 2 hours to Hawaii volcanoes National Park
Perched dramatically on the lava shoreline of Kailua Bay, the Royal Kona has everything you need for the perfect island vacation. Explore active volcanoes. Scuba dive and snorkel with manta rays. Stroll to Kailua-Kona village for an afternoon of shopping, dining and exploration. Indulge in an oceanfront massage at the spa. Or celebrate your wedding in the beautiful destination of Kona, Hawaii. For an authentic Hawaiian experience, there's no place quite like Royal Kona Resort.
Meal and Beverage Plan
European Plan: No meals included
Weddings & Honeymoons
Please be advised that effective for all stays on our after January 01, 2020, the Royal Kona Resort will be offering in-room WiFi and throughout the resort on a complimentary basis.
Please note that this hotel is located on a rocky shoreline and is not recommended for swimming in the sea.
Smoking Policy: Due to Hawaii state law, the hotel is 100% non-smoking. Smoking is permitted outside of the resort at least 20 feet away from all entrances and doorways. A cleaning fee will be charged to all guests who violate this policy,
Resort Fee: A daily resort fee of $25.00 USD plus tax, per room, per night will be paid locally
- Welcome to Paradise Mai Tais (one coupon good for two Mai Tais per room per stay)
- Bottled Water on arrival (two per room/stay)
- Filtered Water Stations
- Enhanced Guestroom Wi-Fi
- Fitness Center Access
- Guestroom Safe Usage
- Local & 800 calls
- Daily Yoga/Fitness Classes
- Daily Hawaiian Cultural Activities (weekly schedule and sign-up available at Front Desk)
- Reef Safe Sunscreen (available at the pool)
- Complimentary Tennis Racquet Rentals, Tennis Balls & Water (available at Royal Kona Resort Tennis Club)
- $20 Lotus Center Spa Credit (available on 90-minute massages)
- $20 greens fee credit plus 50% discount on club rentals at Makalei Golf Club ($25 value)
- 20% off green fees and club rentals at Makani Kai Golf Course ($33 value)
*Resort fee and Inclusions are subjected to change without notice
Lagoon Tower Restoration Project: Commencing November 21st, 2022, the Royal Kona Resort will be undergoing an exterior building restoration project on their Lagoon Tower (one of three accommodation towers located on the southern end of the resort’s twelve acres). This work entails concrete repair and exterior painting of the building.
Project/work details include:
- Hours from 9am-4pm each day
- The work will be limited to the main lobby porte cochere and half of it will remain open for vehicular traffic.
- For the safety of guests, contractors will put up scaffolding, fabric barricades and traffic delineators where necessary.
- Pedestrian traffic will be redirected around the work area.
As work will be exclusive to the Lagoon Tower, all guests will be allocated away from this work and placed in either the Bay or Alii Towers. Guests can continue to enjoy all the services and facilities available at the hotel during their stay as the hotel will continue to operate.
This work is anticipated to be completed by June 30th, 2024.