- Located directly on Costa Dorada beach
- 3.5 km from Malecón de Puerto Plata
- 4 km from the historic center of Puerto Plata
- 5 km from La Loma Isabel de Torres (Mountain)
- 16 km from Puerto Plata International Airport
There’s more to Puerto Plata than just stunning beaches. Did you know it is also home to a colonial city and 16th-century fort built to defend its inhabitants from Caribbean buccaneers? At Iberostar Costa Dorada, you’ll see why the pirates had their sights on this incredible part of the world. Designed with families in mind, the hotel enjoys a lush natural setting that sits directly on an award-winning beach and is only 10 minutes away from the city center. Enjoy the hotel’s wide array of sports facilities, including three outdoor pools, a fitness room, tennis courts, and archery targets.
Meal & beverage plans
- Breakfast, lunch, snacks and dinner daily
- Domestic and international alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages by the glass
- Minibar with national beer, sparkling/still water and soft drinks, with interday replacement.
Note on à la carte restaurants: Please note 3 à la carte dinner reservations are included for 7-night stays, and 6 à la carte reservations are included for 14-night stays.
- Use of beach and pool chairs and towels
- WiFi resort‑wide
- Star Camp kids’ program:
- Monkey (ages 4–7)
- Dolphin (ages 8–12)
- Eagles (ages 13–17)
- Beach volleyball
- Table tennis
- Water polo
- Dance lessons, Spanish lessons
- Non-motorized water sports*
- Introductory scuba demonstration in pool*
- Daily activities and nightly entertainment
*Restrictions apply/subject to availability.
Staying at Iberostar beachfront resorts can be even more comfortable and fun for babies. This hotel provides items for daily use that will make traveling with the little ones easier, leaving space in the suitcase for memories and unforgettable moments!
Baby items include:
- Microwave oven
- Baby bath tubs
- Baby bottle sterilizer
- Changing mats - mats with terry cloth
- Bottle washing set
*Baby items are always subject to availability and are requested at the time of booking or directly at the hotels with the Public Relations or Reception teams, at no additional cost. Availability varies according to destinations and hotels. Not available at Grands.
Wedding & Honeymoons
Perks for Groups
HOLY WEEK is an important religious holiday in the Dominican Republic in April. During this time motorized water sports which are offered by independent concessions at the resorts will not be available. Alcohol will be served on the resort but may not be available at establishments outside the resort.